UAPB will help farmers apply for FSA loans

FARMERS SEEKING farm ownership or operating loans should act quickly to get loan funds early, says Henry English, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff small farm director.

English advises farmers to pick up their loan application packets at their local Farm Service Agency offices as soon as possible. As soon as harvest is complete and yield and production figures are available, farmers should begin working on their applications for 2002. Completed applications should be submitted as soon as possible to receive funds early (in February).

UAPB Extension associate small farm advisors are ready to help farmers with the application process and packets. Small farm advisors can also help in developing marketing plans and in using risk management strategies, such as diversification.

Farmers receiving Servicing Package, 1951-S, from FSA can also get help from an advisor in completing this package.

Farmers in their respective counties can contact the following for assistance:

  • Jefferson, Lincoln, Desha and Dallas counties, Henry English, 870-575-7226.
  • Phillips, Lee, Arkansas and Monroe counties, Arlanda Jacobs, 870-572-2966.
  • St. Francis, Woodruff and Crittenden counties, Carolyn Prowell, 870-633-2320.
  • Chicot, Ashley, Drew and Bradley counties, Janet Breckenridge, 870-265-5312 or, 870-538-5236.

Additional numbers for Lee and Phillips counties respectively are, 870-295-5211 and 870-338-6651.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.