The LSU AgCenter Northeast Research Station in St. Joseph will hold its annual crop production and pest management field day on June 16.
Registration and refreshments will begin at 8:30 a.m. Field tours will follow at 9 a.m.
AgCenter research and Extension personnel will talk to attendees about the following topics:
- How herbicide and water volume affect weed control efficacy.
- New herbicide technologies.
- Cotton pest management.
- Sugarcane aphid management.
- Field crop pathology research.
- Using soil moisture sensors and surge valves in row crop irrigation.
- Irrigation water quality testing.
- Using winter wheat filter strips to reduce runoff.
A sponsored lunch will be provided after the program.
The Northeast Research Station is located at 4589 Hwy. 605 in St. Joseph. For more information, contact resident coordinator Donnie Miller at (318)766-4607 or email [email protected]