The Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service and the University ofArkansas at Pine Bluff will conductan Area Commercial Vegetable Production Clinic on Friday, March 8, 2013.
The clinic will begin at 8:00 a.m. at the Lon Mann Cotton Research Station on Highway 1 south of Marianna. Lunch will be served.
The topics and speakers on the agenda:
- Southern Pea Wal-Mart Initiative, Robert Cole, Director, East Arkansas Enterprise Community.
- Economics of Southern Pea Production, Henry English, Small Farm Project Director, UAPB.
- Update from Farm Service Agency, Harrison Armstrong, FSA County Executive Director; Precilla Wade, Farm Loan Officer; and Cedric Hicks, Farm Loan Officer.
- Update from Lee County Conservation District, Tiffany Davis, District Manager.
- Insect Management (southern peas, squash, cucumbers, watermelons and bell peppers), Dr. Glenn Studebaker, Extension Entomologist.
- Disease Management (southern peas, greens, watermelons, squash, cucumbers and bell peppers), Sherrie Smith, Plant Pathologist.
- Growing Greens, Southern Peas, Squash, Cucumbers, Watermelons and Bell Peppers, Dr. Craig Andersen, Extension Horticulture Specialist.
- Weed Management, Dr. Nilda Burgos, Professor-Crop Sciences and Environmental Sciences.
To register for the clinic, contact the Lee County Cooperative Extension Service at (870) 295-7720.