The Lee, Monroe and Phillips County Cooperative Extension Services will conduct a Rice and Soybean Production Meeting on Friday, Feb. 15, for farmers interested in growing one or both crops.
The meeting will be held at the Lon Mann Cotton Research Station on Highway 1 south of Marianna. The meeting will run from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Lunch will be served.
On the agenda:
- Rice production update -- Jarrod Hardke, Rice Agronomist.
- Disease control (rice and soybeans) -- Yeshi Wamishe, Assistant Professor/Plant Pathology.
- Insect Control -- Gus Lorenz, Extension Entomologist.
- Soybean Production Update -- Jeremy Ross, Extension Agronomist, Soybeans.
- Weed Control -- Bob Scott, Extension Weed Scientist.
- Fertilization (N-Star) -- Trent Roberts, Assistant Professor.
- Market Outlook -- Scott Stiles, Instructor, Economics.
A form will be available for those needing to sign-up for CEU’s.