JOHN E. PUCHEU JR., a producer from Tranquility, Calif., was re-elected chairman of the American Cotton Producers of the National Cotton Council for 2005 during the NCC annual meeting in Washington, D.C.
Robert A. Carson Jr., Marks, Miss.; Sam Spruell, Mount Hope, Ala.; and Daniel M. Davis, Elk City, Okla., were re-elected as ACP vice chairmen.
Elected regional directors for the ACP are: Jon W. Hardwick, representing the Mid-South, and Rickey Bearden, representing the Southwest. Re-elected regional directors were Ronald C. Fleming, representing the Southeast, and Wiley Murphy, representing the West.
Mid-Southerners elected state producer chairmen for the ACP were:
- Alabama — Charles Speake, Eufaula, and Mike Tate, Hazel Green.
- Arkansas — Herrick D. Norcross III, Tyronza.
- Louisiana — Boyd Holley, Bastrop, and Thomas Parker, Lake Providence.
- Mississippi — Daniel T. Branton, Leland.
- Missouri/Illinois — Charles Parker, Senath, Mo.
- Tennessee/Kentucky — Larry W. Rice, Covington, Tenn.