More than two-dozen extension faculty and staff, along with an architect, were honored by professional organizations related to the Cooperative Extension Service at the agency’s Galaxy Conference Awards banquet.
The banquet was held March 28 at the University of Arkansas’ Winthrop Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean.
“The awards given are an opportunity for Extension faculty and staff to recognize the work of their peers,” said Tony Windham, University of Arkansas associate vice president-agriculture, and director of the Cooperative Extension Service. “We’re proud of the work our people do all year long and the high standards each winner meets.”
Here is a list of this year’s winners.
Arkansas Association of Cooperative Extension Specialists
- Service Award – Ed Levy, director-architecture, Cromwell Architects Engineers of Little Rock. Levy was honored for his work with Extension’s Breakthrough Solutions community development program.
- Jeanette Roberts Memorial Awards – Stacey McCullough, assistant professor-Community and Economic Development
- Specialist Performance Award – Laura Connerly, assistant professor-Family and Consumer Sciences
- Outstanding Researcher Award – Wayne Miller, professor –Extension Economist
- Outstanding County Agent Award – Carla Vaught, Polk County Extension staff chair
- Jane Osborne Memorial Award – Margaret Hoskyn, administrative support supervisor for Program and Staff Development.
- Gary Burke Award – Kim Magee, program associate-Economic and Community Development
- Brett Barham Extension Innovation Award – Nikki Davidson, instructor, Program and Staff Development
Arkansas Association of Extension 4-H Agents
- Achievement of Service Award – Jesse Bocksnick, Sebastian County Extension agent; Anna Goff, Washington County Extension agent.
- Distinguished Service Award – Kris Elliott, Saline County Extension agent
- Meritorious Service Award – Angie Freel-Blacklaw, Saline County Extension agent
- Rookie of the Year – Brittany Carwell, Craighead County Extension agent
National Association of Family and Consumer Sciences-Arkansas
- Distinguished Service Award – Millie Collins, Sharp County Extension agent
- Continued Excellence Award – Linda-Floyd-Chappell, Washington County Extension agent
- NEAFCS Past Presidents’ New Professional Award – Holly Valentine, St. Francis County Extension agent
Epsilon Sigma Phi
Distinguished Team Award – for the project “Mediterranean Cooking Comes to the South.”
- Terrie James, Sevier County Extension agent
- Jean Ince, Howard County Extension agent
- Jane Newton, Lincoln County Extension agent
- Terrie Treadway, Lafayette County Extension agent
- Rebecca Reynolds, Little River County Extension agent
- Liz McKay, Union County Extension agent
- Katie Cullum, White County Extension agent
- Jerri Vangilder, Pope County Extension agent
- Rosemary Rodibaugh, professor-Extension nutrition specialist
- Joyce Whitttington, Crawford County Extension staff chair
- Keith Cleek, Phillips County Extension agent
- Katie Holland, Extension program associate for SNAP-Ed
Cooperative Extension Service Retirees scholarships:
- Leigh Ann Bullington, Cross County Extension agent
- Cally Shore, Randolph County program assistant-youth
The banquet was part of the Galaxy Conference, an annual professional and personal development gathering for Extension staff and faculty.
For more information about the Cooperative Extension Service, visit www.uaex.edu or contact your county Extension office.