The 45th Annual Delta Ag Expo will be Jan. 17, from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m., and Jan. 18, from 8:30 a.m. until noon, at the Bolivar County Exposition Center located at 601 First Street in Cleveland, Miss.
Over 100 commercial exhibits will represent every phase of agriculture and demonstrate innovative production practices.
The Delta Ag Expo provides farmers and others interested in agriculture an opportunity to see the latest technology in agricultural products, services, and information. Attendees can view agricultural exhibits and talk with Extension and research personnel and get up-to-date information for planning the next crop year.
Educational seminars featuring Extension, research, and industry professionals will provide the latest research-proven information aimed at assisting producers. Seminars will be held in the meeting complex located adjacent to the exhibit hall.
Seminar highlights include:
- Future of auxin crops in Mississippi.
- Early-season production challenges in corn: Production issues & insect pests.
- Bollworm issues in Bt Cotton & other production challenges experienced in 2017.
- Late-season damage in soybeans.
- Fertility challenges/management strategies for 2018.
- Export destinations and agreements.
- The 2018 farm bill.