The Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry will hold a hearing on agricultural research at 9:30 a.m. ET June 15.
Eight witnesses will testify at the hearing, titled "Agricultural Research: Perspectives on Past and Future Successes for the 2018 Farm Bill."
Testifying will be:
- Dr. Ann Bartuska, Acting Deputy Under Secretary, Research, Education & Economics, United States Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Sonny Ramaswamy, Director, National Institute of Food and Agriculture, United States Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Chavonda Jacobs-Young, Administrator, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Sally Rockey, Executive Director, Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research, Washington, D.C.
- Dr. John Floros, Dean and Director, College of Agriculture and K-State Research and Extension, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kan.
- Mr. Gary McMurray, Division Chief, Food Processing Technology Division, Georgia Tech Research Institute, Atlanta, Ga.
- Dr. Kerry Hartman, Academic Dean and Sciences Chair, Environmental Sciences, Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College, New Town, N.D.
- Mr. Steve Wellman, Farmer, Wellman Farms Inc., Syracuse, Neb.
Source: Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry