DeKalb has introduced its 2009 class of 30 new brands to expand its portfolio of top-performing corn seed products. These brands have been developed from a broad, industry-leading germplasm pool and tested under local growing conditions to provide farmers with superior performance for a proven yield advantage, the company says.
“Our 2009 lineup is the result of advanced breeding technology and elite genetics,” says Bob Starke, U.S. DeKalb corn product manager for Monsanto.
“Our new corn products contain exclusive genetics and a wide range of traits. They have strong roots and stalks for standability and harvestability to provide proven results and top yield potential.”
Along with diverse genetics and deep germplasm resources, the latest lineup of DeKalb corn products offer farmers a wide selection of built-in traits, allowing farmers to select the specific Monsanto trait or trait combinations best-suited for their field conditions and management practices, including YieldGard VT Triple.
For Delta farmers, five of the new 2009 DeKalb brands are DKC63-97, DKC65-63, DKC67-22, DKC68-06 and DKC69-40.
Here is a brief description of these products:
• DKC63-97 — 113 RM YieldGard VT Triple, Roundup Ready 2 technology: Delta farmers can be confident this brand will provide very good root and stalk strength, as well as excellent yield performance across a wide range of environments. The product moves south very well for the maturity and also offers a good plant disease package, which includes gray leaf spot tolerance.
• DKC65-63 — 115 RM YieldGard VT Triple, Roundup Ready 2 technology: This brand provides excellent stalk strength and strong roots, as well as superior staygreen and harvest appearance. It delivers consistent performance across soil types and tillage practices.
• DKC67-22 — 117 RM Roundup Ready 2 technology: The very good root strength and drought tolerance of this brand makes it a good choice for Delta growers, in addition to its very good harvest appearance and test weight. It also shows very good emergence, root strength and drydown.
• DKC68-06 — 118 RM Roundup Ready 2 technology, YieldGard corn borer: Farmers can count on this brand to provide consistently high yield performance across a wide geography. It also offers excellent emergence and seedling vigor for reduced-tillage systems, as well as good staygreen and overall plant health paired with tremendous root and stalk strength.
• DKC69-40 — 119 RM YieldGard VT Triple, Roundup Ready 2 technology: Adaptable to all crop rotations, including corn on corn, DKC69-40 provides excellent yield potential across a wide range of environments. It also offers farmers excellent roots and stalks and a very good overall disease package.