Promising an “exciting, impressive, totally revamped” approach, the Arkansas Seed Growers Association's 89th annual meeting will be held Jan. 19, at the Brinkley Convention Center in Brinkley, Ark. The meeting will begin at 9 a.m.
Along with Arkansas Extension specialists Jason Kelley, Chris Tingle and Chuck Wilson, several guests will speak. Topics will include:
- Intellectual property laws in the seed industry, presented by the AgriBusiness Group from New Orleans, La.
- Soybean market situation and outlook, presented by Scott Stiles.
- Rice market and outlook, presented by Bobby Coats.
- Energy impacts on commodity production costs.
- Seed labeling, presented by Mary Smith of the Arkansas State Plant Board.
- Richard Bell, the Arkansas Secretary of Agriculture, will address the crowd.
“As you can clearly see, this is going to be a very informative meeting,” said Scooter Hodges, ASGA president. “You don't want to miss it.”
Two new board members will also be elected at the meeting.
To be a voting member of the ASGA, dues are $75 a year due at, or before, the start of the meeting. Guests of members are welcome but must pay $15 and aren't eligible to vote. Lunch will be provided.
Dues can be mailed to: Arkansas Seed Growers Association, P.O. Box 106, Newport, Ark. 72112.
For any questions, contact Kathy Gardner, ASGA executive secretary, at (870) 523-3195 from Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or contact Scooter Hodges at (800) 264-4433.